View Single Post
      10-21-2014, 04:39 PM   #66
cumbrianlad
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X3 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
I had a look too as interested in the response myself and couldn't see it and wondered if they had removed it the same.. If cumbrian lad was offered that he kept quiet about it :-P
No I didn't ! Think I posted it on the uk lead times thread. Initially was asked if I'd take the 605s rather than the 607s I had ordered. Didn't really want them so said I would either take 608s FOC, wait for the 607s or put my own winter wheels onto the car if they could get the car to the dealer and they could then give me the 607s later. BMW came back with the 608 option. Did threaten to cancel and go get a Q5, but don''t think that would have made much difference! Dealer does have another xline ordered before mine with the same problem, however BMW have basically said they will have to wait for 607s or cancel order. Difference is that theirs is a cash deal, mines PCP. Don't ask me why the difference.
So you may find their response depends on how the car is financed. Don't agree that there should be a difference, but that is the way it seems to be. Doesn't seem right that you can place a specific order for a specified delivery date for it then to be significantly changed without some sort of compensation.
Appreciate 0