10-15-2014, 02:20 AM   #55
gazzer666
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2015 XLine 2.0d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bounderboy View Post
Any updates on WheelGate Gazzer?

Just received confirmation I should get my car by 30th November all going well..
Hi, well my broker rang me last night with an updated on WheelGate.

He told me he is frustrated with BMW as it seems to be falling on deaf ears. They have a "so what?" attitude at the moment as they think they've acted correctly and provided an alternative option which is available as "no cost" for the XLine range.

So BMW are stating that both the 607 and 605 wheels are standard on the XLine and you get whatever is in stock. Hmmm, not exactly how I felt it was being advertised to me.

He did ask why we weren't told about the change at the very least - and apparently the dealerships ARE contacting people to advise them that the wheels aren't available for anyone affected. Bit strange as they definately didn't contact me.

I've pushed for some compensation, in the form of extra kit, and he's going back to BMW with that request (or the 19inch wheels at no cost instead).

So if you are expecting the 607 wheels on your XLine, then the dealer should be contacting you if they are not being fitted. However, I get the feeling this is not the case and BMW are just shrugging the whole thing off generally.

Bit bad from a premium car manufacturer to adopt this attitude.
Appreciate 0