Thread: nav issues
View Single Post
      04-10-2012, 12:20 PM   #34
JSY
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X3 M40i

Garage List
There is this one exit that I take frequently and I get a very strange result from the NAV. The voice and main nav screen tells me to take the exit (M4) and then after I take that exit - it tells me to bear right and take the next exit to the right (Charles Lindberg Blvd.) which is totally correct. However, contrary to what the voice and main nav screen is telling me, the split screen exit ramp graphics thinks I MISSED the M4 exit (despite me already veering off with the M4 exit) and is now showing me that I need to get off on the next exit, M5.

The M4 exit slowly branches away from parkway, but it's not like it's parallel, so I'm not sure why one part of the nav thinks I'm still on the parkway - but what's stranger is that the voice and nav screen thinks I exited properly and the split screen is showing me to exit at the next exit (M5). Both parts seem to be thinking independently!

Very strange - but no biggie. The nav is definitely not the greatest compared to some of the systems out there but there are tradeoffs each way I guess. I notice that having dynamic routing with traffic - it often brings you to roads that would take more time. Accuracy aside (it's been pretty accurate for me otherwise), the two things I think I would like to see are speed limit indicators to show you what the speed limit is, and a way for the system to give you multiple routes to your destination based on traffic and let you decide which route to take.

I do have one question for everyone and I have not been able to find the answer even after RTFM... How does one adjust the volume of the navigation voice?? Sometimes it's too low, sometimes it's loud.. I don't know where to adjust it. I thought it would be in Volume in Settings, but I haven't been unsuccessful in finding it. In my 2009 x3, there was a control to adjust what differential in volume you wanted between the voice and the audio system.. Can't find the same here in my 2012 x3...
Appreciate 0