Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 X3

Garage List
2013 Mercedes Benz ...  [0.00]
2012 X3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleysf View Post
I have also been unhappy with my nav. I have missed many turns due to unclear instructions. My Lexus is very clear (almost too clear) about when to turn, by giving several warnings, then a tone when you get to the intersection. When I'm driving downtown where blocks are short, it's hard to tell which street it means me to turn on. I can't really estimate what 400 ft is.

Also, the routes are terrible. I occasionally use it on routes that I already know, usually just to help me get to the freeway, or to give me arrival time estimates. It almost always takes me a bizzarely long route. I used it on a trip from Houston to Austin, Tx, about a 150 mi trip. Regardless of which of the route preferences I set, it tried to take me through San Antonio, a 250 mi trip. I finally found a shorter route using the "alternate route" option, but it still made very inefficient highway exit choices. I just use my Android phone w/ google maps now.

Please fix this BMW!! My cell phone is much better at 1/4 the price.
Sam,e here as I mentiooned on anothr thread:

"On my trip yesterday, the BMW NAV was telling me to get off the highway and take a route for about 5 miles to my destination. It was odd since the Honda & Lexus NAV's I have used told me to stay on the highway for another 4 miles and then go to a particular route until my destination (which is what I did because I was visiting a relative and I knew exactly where to go. I was just testing the BMW Nav). Most definitely the weak link in this SAV."

"Yes, I prefer the Honda and lexus navs to this. The Nav in my 2006 Lexus SC 430 is more sophisticated than this. It shows me what upcoming turns I should expect in advance, names the road, is full screen until it splits automatically, and is always spot on where I am. I was already in a turn in the BMW when it was telling me to expect a turn in 100 feet. It told me that my destination was 150 ft ahead when I already passed it.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0