sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razel View Post
Hmmmm.
Being a product support engineer for an entirely different product, that reply you got isn't acknowledging a bug. They soft-pedaled an "It's designed that way" reply. Limited in its design? Sure, but not a bug. Yeah, I may be picking at nits here, too.

Hopefully, they'll "fix" it with a free upgrade.
True although that depends on the definition of bug. A bug to me is a defect or imperfection. The acknowledged issue "when you upload music onto the vehicle, the vehicle lists the tracks in alphabetical order" is an issue whereby the mp3 player behaves differently to probably every other mp3 player ever produced. Like a DVD player that plays film chapters in reverse and you are unable to change the order of play. That is far from perfect

I write software for a living. We call things that might be wrong with our software issues. The users call them bugs

P.S. I like the way you qualified your job title with "an entirely different product". I wouldn't want to be associated with the alphabetical mp3 player either!

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0