03-04-2011, 03:21 PM   #12
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Marien View Post
Nice...figures my dealership advised incorrectly ('as designed'). I should've knonw better.

I'll be keeping an eye out for a software update (hopefully one that will address both my BMW's!).

Thanks for the follow-up Sfax
Dave
I have written a little utility that will update an entire mp3/wav/wma library's song titles so that they all have the 2 digit track number preceding the song title (the track number is taken from the track # tag or the file name if the tag is missing) .

All albums will then play in the order intended by the artist (rather than the stupid order chosen by someone not very bright at BMW).

It keeps the original song title in the Comments tag on the file so that if you run it again, it reverses the operation and puts everything back how it was (the intention is that you can do this after you have copied your library to your BMW's hard drive)

It seems to work well at the moment but may require a little tweak or two. If you want a copy of the utility just PM me (Windows only)

Screenshots of an album with relevant tags before and after and the final picture is an album playing in my X3 after doing an album search
Attached Images

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0