View Single Post
      03-03-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Bug with Music Collection?

Think I have found my first bug with the software. Surprised it's taken me so long to be honest

OK, so I imported 7GB of music from a USB stick (took about 30 minutes incidentally). Music all on there and it copies the folder structure that was on the USB stick which is all good.

Browse using the folder structure to an album, say Radiohead, The Bends. Start Playback. All good.

Now try using any of the search features, e.g. search by album, search for Radiohead, it picks up all of the albums, so far so good, select an album, start playback, what's this? Tracks are being played in song title alphabetical order! There seems to be no way to change this and I think I am going to have to write something to update the ID3 tags so that every song title is the same as its file name (preceded by a 01, 02 etc) and then upload again. I can't see why anyone would ever want to listen to an album in alphabetical song title order????

If this can't be changed it renders all of the music search functionality useless unless you update every song title using the ID3 tag on the mp3 file before you transfer.

Is there some way to report BMW software bugs (assuming this is an actual bug and not something I can customise) so that they can fix it in future releases?

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0