View Single Post
      10-15-2014, 03:11 AM   #204
Anders R
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M3 Touring

I managed to fix my whistling noise problem, but only after trying all other kind of fixes, proposed here. Have become an expert in removing the door panel, having done it at least 6 times by now!

The fix for me included replacing three parts as well as moving the rubber scraper as per CliveM's proposal.

51337311260 Fensterfuehrung Tuer Vorne Rechts, 41,32 EUR
51418224768 Clip Mit Dichtscheibe Natur, (25x) 16,25 EUR
51337205594 Abdichtung Spiegeldreieck Aussen Rechts, 13,47 EUR

In English, the passenger door window seal, the plastic clips with foam "washers", and the revised insulation piece for the door mirror.

In fairness, I don't know which of the pieces that actually fixed the problem: The window seal seems to fit tighter to the window, but I had previously taped it all up to no avail. The plastic clips were all replaced to ensure a better seal against the door, as my theory was that wind was entering the inside of the door and exiting the where the clips were not sealing, and finally the door mirror insulation piece was a revised part, and did include a slightly thicker shape to possibly better insulate against noise.

Really happy to have been able to fix this (2 hours, and bruised knuckles) where BMW refused/were unable to, and now enjoying the car much more.

Just goes to show that there are no inherent design flaws in the F25 (also since my drivers door was completely silent) but better fitting and revised parts can fix the problems.
Appreciate 0