Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harplayr View Post
And even with that fact, the problem reports here are few and far between. The one’s that have been reported don’t seem to fit a pattern indicating a major (volume wise) problem.

No car has ever been mass-produced that didn’t have some problem pop up in a few of them. That’s why they all have service departments.
All of the above is true, and anyone buying a vehicle in its first model year, such as the F25, should expect the possibility of a few "teething" problems - that's what warrantees are for. However, this particular, safety related problem has been experienced by (3) active X3 owning members of this forum within their first thousand miles of use. I have no real idea of the number of X3 (F25) owners who are active on this forum, but from reading the posts, I suspect it is less than 100, 28i and 35i owners. That means that there is a good possibility that this is something that 3% or more of X3 owners are seeing. Also, these specific problems have been reported for at least (2) months, and the BMW dealers are still “in the dark” about any solution. My dealer has sold less than (25) new X3s and so far (2) of them have this issue.

I’m still happy with my purchase of a new X3, but I’m not very happy about the way BMW is going about addressing what is apparently NOT just a minor problem affecting a few cars.

Unfortunately, large manufacturers have a great deal of corporate inertia, and it can take a bit of time to come up with a solution and to actually admit that there is a problem (as in the HPFP issues on E90, E91, E92 and E93 models).

Meanwhile, I’m going to do everything possible to bring as much pressure to bear on BMW NA as I can until I’m satisfied that they know what the real cause is, and they send a TSA to all the dealers.
My service center was ordered by BMW NA and BMW AG to order a new transfer case from Germany and replace it. Problem is gone. I have my car back.
Appreciate 0