Thread: UK Orders
View Single Post
      01-03-2014, 04:54 PM   #2427
MrFargo13
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X3 35i M-Sport/2011 328i

Just my two cents worth from across the pond...

It may depend on how many vehicles any particular dealer sells. I went to one dealer in my area and he told me two months. I then went to the biggest dealer in the SE states and he was able to get one that went into production in 4 days (completed in 7 days after I ordered it). This dealer had more slots from the factory so they were able to take one of their next builds and change it to my specs before the "deadline."

If your dealer had one due for production in two weeks and that customer cancelled, the dealer can still take delivery and sell it on the lot. Then they can also pull that one in for somebody further down the list, change the specs and now they have a happy customer, and they don't lose the revenue from the cancellation.

Make sense?

These dealers are constantly receiving new cars. Some for the lot, and some for custom orders. If they have enough inventory on its way, they can really work with their custom orders and give better dates.
Appreciate 0