View Single Post
      10-12-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
The problem with doors is that it is the size and weight of the impact - a car door swung into you car is going to leave a crease or dent, regardless of PPF. The only salvation there might be that a good dent repair guy could get it out and the paint is not damaged.

See thats the key, paint! I have a good dent guy that can get almost any ding out, but if the paint is messed up you are screwed. this film should prevent that and the SCRATCHES, both my wife and I can't avoid them, not sure if they are door scratches or just A-holes doing it on purpose (especially with my C63).

Also note that the paint on our LR2 sucked, it was Ford paint (had a Mazda speed6 in the past with the same bad paint issues, also Ford owned at the time...). Hoping BMW will be better but I did see someone post that BMW paint is bad as well (the whole eco friendly crap )

by the way, car looks great! I would have gotten white but the wife "needs color", haven't seen a Red X3 in person (dealers can't order them for the lot, only custom orders), but I think it should look good with the M sport package.
Appreciate 0