05-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #44
ChitownX
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 CB X3 35i MS; 07 BS M Coupé

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEDZEP View Post
Really?? Ever been in an X5? The quality of materials is much better; there is additional sealing to prevent outside noise; the optional comfort seats are amazing; etc., etc.

It's a different level of vehicle, just like the 5 Series compared to the 3 Series.
I have to agree with LEDZEP on this one. I left a fully loaded 2005 X5 4.4i with sport package for the 2011 X3 35i M Sport. The interior materials are definitely a step down from the current E70 X5 and my old E53 X5. The options are also held back so as not to compete directly with the X5. The panorama roof for example – both panels tilt up and slide back in the X5. However; the X3 is also around $20K cheaper when similarly equipped. I chose to go with the X3 because the E70 X5 is too big for me. It’s now 7 inches longer and 4 inches wider than my old E53 X5.

BTW – I don’t understand why BMW doesn’t offer the same level of materials or options across model lines. Audi does a better job IMO offering the same level of materials and options across lines. Offering the same level in the X3 isn’t going to detract from the X5 or cause someone to step down from the X5 to the X3 because they can get everything in the X3 that’s offered in the X5.
Appreciate 0