View Single Post
      01-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #6
PKizzle
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, E36 M3, X4 M40

So, after a long month of waiting and daily checking of build status, we picked up our X3 this weekend and it has been a delight. The car is just perfect - stylish exterior, a truly beautiful interior with the Mojave and dark wood trim, the right size for our needs and simply amazing handling for such a high vehicle. If I weren't sitting so high up, I could be convinced that I was driving a 3-series. I was a little apprehensive after placing our order as to whether the 2.8 would be adequate, but this motor is a gem and with the 8-speed auto is just perfect for the X3 - plenty of power, torque-y, fuel efficient and with a nice snarl to it. I've been having a blast driving it.

And the icing on the cake - my wife who has never expressed any interest in driving has all of a sudden discovered that 'driving is fun' and that she wants to drive the X3 all the time. I may have however opened a can of worms by bringing her into the BMW family, because she now wants to learn to drive my 6MT 335is so 'we can switch cars every now and then'.

Needless to say, we are very happy with our purchase!

And now for your viewing pleasure...
Attached Images

Last edited by PKizzle; 01-20-2014 at 09:03 PM..
Appreciate 0