View Single Post
      06-18-2011, 03:16 PM   #13
X3andZ4owner
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 Z4 630iC

Quote:
Originally Posted by perto View Post
It's the Government who takes the money not BMW. But if i recall correct the old X3 had better finish in those places you not normally pay attention to. The old one was made in Austria and the new one in USA, who has best reputation to build quality cars???
In Norway even without government tax the basic X3 Xdrive35i is 440 000 Norwegian kroner = 79 811.16 U.S. dollars...

And yes I have had 2 colleagues with USA built "european" cars, one with a Volvo XC90 and another with an Mercedes ML, both complained over poor building quality and irritating small problems, both changed to German built cars and was then satisfied..
The guy with the ML was so fed up he just dumped the almost new ML at the dealer and said to them that they could buy it back,(long story) he lost approximately 200 000 Norwegian kroner = 36 277.8 U.S. dollars in 6 months, he bought an Porsche Cayenne later.

Seems to me that the american worker don't put their soul in their work the same way as the german worker.

The seam looks like something my 5 year old kid would come up with.... Terrible..

But ok some people put armani stickers on IKEA furniture, but its still IKEA.. Im surprised that some of you guys state that if it looks good on the outside its ok, as long you don't see the bad results its ok.. I state that quality should not only be skin deep.. but also on the places you don't see...

Last edited by X3andZ4owner; 06-18-2011 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 0