View Single Post
      05-10-2011, 11:02 AM   #37
caesardog
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarpath View Post
I have a 35i being built as I type this. I did not order the Smartphone Integration or BMW Apps because it seems to me to be unnecessary and redundant. You can get the all (or at least nearly all) of the features that Smartphone Integration offers through the Bluetooth connection via the combox controller.

I have an iPhone. However, I virtualy never listen to it as an iPod. Between my CD's, terrestrial radio, and satellite radio, I don't see the need to listen to Pandora or my iPod while I drive. Plus, do I really need to see album art while I drive? I don't see the appeal. Maybe I just haven't gotten with the program yet (kind of like how I am not on facebook).
You can see album art by plugging a USB stick with music on it into the USB port (or your iPhone into the USB port) -- assuming album art is part of the metadata for the song. This is true for any BMW with combox. BMW apps is entirely separate from the album art capability.

And yes, you DO need to see album art. It is very cool in the car. I keep a USB stick that can hold 8 GBs of data in my car (always plugged into the USB port in my center console. Its great to see album art on all the songs. Here is what it looks like on my BMW:

And without split screen engaged:

Now who wouldn't want that -- whether via an iPhone or USB stick?

Last edited by caesardog; 05-10-2011 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0