View Single Post
      05-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #26
zlee11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by pault View Post
I suspect the main reason is the Message Access Profile is not finalised, but is currently proposed within the Bluetooth SIG (special interest group) - The organization that oversees the specifications.

Phone manufacturers might have decided it was risky to adopt an incomplete specification that could change.

This is mostly speculation on my part....

Sucks for the consumer, they should just get on and finish it!
Thanks Paul,
I spent most of yesterday trying to figure out whether Apple intends to add MAP to the iphone and why they have not done it yet. It's not just a big issue with BMW customers, Ford and Lincoln people can't use most of the MS Sync technology either. I added the BMW apps for one reason only: The back to my car tracking. I tend to not pay attention to where I park. There are lots of GPS tracking apps for the iphone, but you have to remember to set them before you leave the car. Now, if I understand this correctly... The IPhone will send a signal to the satellite and the satellite to the car. The position of the car is then sent back to to the iphone. This is so useful to me. But here are my lingering questions:
1) Is the snap in adapter required or can I connect the iphone to the car and BMW Apps via the Apple USB cable?
2) Exactly what features will be available with the snap in adapter, that I would not have with the the cable alone?
Appreciate 0