07-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #7
Peter_R
Air Vice Marshall
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 LCI xDrive 2.0i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybert View Post
will do. I talked to the service adviser and he said it was fine to continue driving given that the messages disappeared on restart. I drove it to work (all local so wasn't too concerned about getting stuck somewhere) without issue. I'm bringing it in next Tuesday to have them look again at the rear bulb malfunction error and will ask them to look at this as well. Given i'm out of warranty, I may just get them to swap the battery out and pay that out of pocket vs. them looking into it further. 4-5 years seems to be what I'm finding for battery life so its about that time.
Do not be in too much hurry to change the battery. If you are doing a lot of short runs and not charging the battery up completely, then it may just need to be trickle charged with an intelligent charger using the connections under the bonnet(hood).

The X3 in day to day running does NOT charge the battery to 100% each time, it only charges to 80%, so lots of small runs and using a lot more electrical power will run in it down to a level where you get random errors/problems. I had similar problems with different error messages and purchased a trickle charger and charged mine overnight for several days. This works everytime. If BMW have cars in their garage for more around 3 or 4 weeks they do the same. It is common practice in the UK.
2020 BMW X1 xDrive 2.0i MSport (F48).
2022 MB EQB 300 4MATIC AMG Line Premium
Appreciate 0