shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
OK, I've uninstalled and reinstalled a few times now. It looks like the software doesn't work with windows8.

When setting up E-Sys by doing the following steps the software cannot do #4:
1. Launch E-Sys by double clicking its shortcut on desktop. It might take a minute to
start, have patience.
2. Select Options > Settings > EST
3. Click on the browse button with three dots ( … ) and navigate to EST folder. If
automatic installation was done, it should be at C:\ESysData\EST
4. Select file “******.est” and click OK.

I get to step 4 and the software is looking for a directory not a file. This did not happen on an old laptop with winxp.

After selecting C:\ESysData\EST for the directory for data e-sys provides a comment that folders cannot be found and asks if it should create them. Then e-sys restarts.

The computer connects to the car using zgw_search but when I hit the connect icon the target window is blank.

If I select C:\ESysData as the directory for data the target window is populated and I can select the model, read Vehicle Order and VCM information. I can also right click on the CAFD files and read coding data and then edit the FDL.

The problem is at that point the save icon is greyed out.

Under settings I have set the developer software token to C:\ESysData\EST\xxxx xxxx.est (correct file name).

Does anyone have a work around for e-sys and win8?
When you set the E-Sys Data Folder and Token File, in the bottom of selection window, are you choosing the correct "Files of type:" accordingly (e.g. "Directories" for the Data Folder and "EST Files" for the Token?

Name:  E-Sys - Data Folder.png
Views: 3286
Size:  81.6 KB Name:  E-Sys - EST File.png
Views: 3050
Size:  49.3 KB

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0