View Single Post
      06-06-2015, 04:32 PM   #14
Bimar
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw X

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3paul View Post
I did test the X4 before trading my X3 for the Macan. I liked it. Alot. Far better handling and noise insulation than my pre LCI X3 felt bigger inside than the Macan and in looked great on the outside. IMO the X4 is better looking than the Macan but the interior omg the interior on the X4 i am sorry to all owners but my E46 had better build quality - anyone tried taking the central airvents ? they came off with one finger and wont go in anymore leaving noises after. BMW clearly needed to fill in a niche fast before others did - BMW marketing boys think that the sucess of the X6 was due to beeing first in segment and in part they were right - so fitted a dated interior with poor quality build and quality. Not on par with the Macan. And the Macan is superior in the driving department. The steering, agility, corner speeds etc. Honestly there are very few sports car that can match it for that price. Very few. And price wise you ask?! : the X4 feels like a ripoff because the difference just isnt there to the LCI X3. The X3 drives 90% aswell as the X4. The Macan drives 50% better than the X4. The interior - despite missing the idrive I must admit - is and feels 100% more special than the X4/X3. For me, the Macan was a bargain and a no brainer.
Macan drive claim its 50% better is pushing it! Maybe max 20% interior material way better and the Macan seats best I have ever sat in!
Appreciate 0