12-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #12
etelbot
ZitoHellada
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 X3 35i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
I'm having the exact issue. Started with the cold weather. Comes from where the two sunroof sections meet. If I cracks open the sunroof the noises go away

Dealer said this is a known issue but the first attempt to fix it made hardly any difference. Going back again on Tuesday
I have also experienced the same noises with the arrival of cold weather. Must be the plastics contracting. After a few days of observing and googling, I decided to buy some Velcro strips from walmart. I applied them on either side of the divide (on the plastic pieces). Problem solved. Even on the coldest day and bumpiest road, the roof is quiet. What is somewhat surprising/disappointing is that the E83 X3 had the same issue and there was a service bulletin out basically stating what I mentioned above. You'd think BMW would have made an effort to try and correct this minor issue with the F25. I also have some minor creaks coming from vents/dash but not sure how to resolve those. BMW if youre reading, customers expect a car in this class to have a vault-like interior.