View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 08:52 PM   #21
torzeck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 35i, 2020 X3 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F25er View Post
That's pretty long winded and confusing. If you wanted to distance yourself from the 3 series so badly perhaps an X5 or X6 or a different brand was in order?

You obviously understand how closely related the X3 and 3 series are so where is your confusion coming from? Would you have felt better if the X3 was $1000 more? $2000? What number would satisfy the ego so you could feel like you are "moving up"?

The 1 series is correlated with the X1, the 3 series with the X3, 4 series with X4, 5 series with X5, 6 series with X6. Where is the confusion? Posts like this really bug me because they are not about the car and brand and the appreciation of those but rather about status. To me that's what gives luxury brands a bad name, the attraction of D%?# B%%gs.
Geezus...
How concrete is this response {and others}?
The point I was making was about perceived value, not status, not ego.
And there is no confusion other than t these replies.

Why would I {or anyone} be so retarded that I would be pointing out such a weak attribute as the status associated with a BMW amongst other owners who hopefully buy the cars for their performance. I thought what I wrote was so wrong, it was funny.
Is there no room for sarcasm? No sense of humor?
Further, once someone makes fun of themselves, do you think you're funny for jumping in with the same joke/dig they already made?
You're late and not funny.

Like I wrote, before this pricing release my perception was the X3 would command a higher price.

Speaking of status, I'm not the one who used the class reeking term of "luxury brand". I believe in the context of what you wrote its oxy-moronic.

Last edited by torzeck; 05-16-2012 at 08:57 PM.. Reason: context grammar
Appreciate 0