06-25-2014, 01:03 PM   #18
SANK_CH
Captain
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: A Number 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT View Post
For some reason the satinated roof rails are standard in some market area, is there any way to remove those ones, or are they bolt on ?
Just not sure if those satinated ones look ok or not.... black one might be better.
Hi TurboT, no I don't think you can take it off, once it has been build.

well it is not so awful. If you look on the pics of 2/3rd front view and pic of the side view it looks OK. On the pic 2/3 back view it is less elegant. But it remain a lot better than on the 1st gen of the X6.

Then observe this car in that color. Everything is dark even with the shadow lines. The front kidneys are shiny on a dark car. The rims are shiny with dark elements in the back. The roofs rails are shiny on a dark car. It remains on the same idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjalle View Post
It is unfair! I was allowed to look at a X4 yesterday at my dealer - but testdrives start July 14! While they, obviously, are driving since mid June in Norway.
I received an invitation for next Saturday to the BMW days, with X3 LCI, X4, 4gc, M3, M4. I hope we can at least drive it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboT View Post
yea, same high taxes also here in Finland, base price for X4 30dA is 79k€.

About roof rails, do you think those could be wrapped with black (if not removable) ? I dont have ski box, so those satinated ones are kind of useless for me.
And I was crying to the expensive price of my 35i almost full options... thank you TurboT, now I can realize that I m lucky

If you wrap it black, no sure it will hold. I have the roof rails on my X3. I use to sometimes put the ski on the roof with the bmw system. But the fixing system will hold too strong, and the wrap will go away the first time. I presume
Appreciate 0