02-04-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
ShinySteelRobot
iPhone/iPad Developer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

Quote:
Originally Posted by inamik75 View Post
Hi all anyone with experience in maintenance of the 2 especially scratches, fading, effects of the sun and other stains.
I have noticed that the metallic black seems to show less swirling. If you get the Jet Black, be sure to hand wash it carefully with clean rags and dump the water and switch to new rags between the wash and rinse cycle (so you don't grind dust back into your paint as you rinse). Otherwise you WILL get swirling over time.

So far I haven't noticed any effects from the sun. Here in the Northwest we have a lot of big trees, and therefore a lot of tree sap and bird poo winds up on your car. BMW paint seems more resistant to staining due to sap and bird poo than my wife's VW (although it could be because I always wash off bird poo and sap immediately and my wife is more laissez-faire about it ).