JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
It will burn grass but it won't go anywhere, the wheels will just spin

Actually I'm not sure how my 30D will work out if we get snow like we had for the last two winters. Our 12 year old RAV4 was fantastic, this was the VX version with low profiles and very much summer tyres. My X3 on non-winter tyres and no snow setting to turn down the power could be "interesting". A snow setting to set turbo boost to zero might have been a good thing for BMW to offer, more use than hill descent.

I know winter tyres are a solution but the RAV4 didn't need them and my snow driving tends to involve getting out of my drive and about 200m down the road. After that I'm on roads that are cleared. If I were driving the 30k miles I used to do per year then winter tyres would be an option.
After my M3 and 550i M Sport being redundant during winter snowy conditions, i have got myself a set of dunlop winter sport 3D XL 100V run-flats 245/45/18 on 18" * 8.5 pro-race 1.3 team dynamic wheels ( BLACK ) will take some pictures on the X3 when it arrives. I think I will get good use out of these over the next two winters.