View Single Post
      02-06-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
nrgetic99
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 xDrive 35i

X-Line Pro styling kit on 35i

A couple of quick pics after I spent a few hours fitting the X-Line Pro Styling kit on my Gray 2011 xDrive 35i.

Nice view of the front lower bumper trim

Rear bumper insert, not for faint of heart as you must cut away and remove some of existing bumper cover.

Side trim. Not so sure about this as my vehicle has the narrow silver strip already higher up the door. Will live with a while before deciding what to do.

Install took about 4 hrs but I did drag the rear bumper cover into the family room to cut it and install the insert Ahh well, it was cold in that garage.

It really is not difficult, the front piece requires adding some self tapping screws into the existing bumper cover so not really reversible. The side sills are very straight forward, just remove old ones and snap new ones in place
but you must remove the over fender plastic trim to access some of the fixings. The rear bumper is most involved. Patience is the key and instructions very clear.

Only special tools required are for installing new plastic rivets. I used one for aluminium pop rivets and improvised a tool to release rivet shaft from tool after install as plastic shaft would jam in the gun.

I also added the OEM mudflaps which while seemingly simple are fiddly and require a pressure sensitive tape and inspite me having a heat gun, they just did not stick well so I will redo those when weather warmer. I have new 3M tape in hand.

David

Last edited by nrgetic99; 02-06-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Appreciate 0