View Single Post
      09-17-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
beaminmaryland
Rep
Drives: X3

Sport Mode Mystery

2012 X3 28i. Recently related to a transfer case change, software was reloaded. I noticed (as has another poster) that an option in the IDrive 'settings' appeared that hadn't been there before.........."Sport Mode" which allows driver to select 'chassis + transmission' or can select either individually.
I asked the dealer service dept about this (a good service dept in my experience). I was concerned the presence of this new setting may indicate they had loaded the wrong software. After checking vehicles on their lot (all '13's I assume) they're under assumption that all X3's have the 'sport' button on the console near the 'traction' and the shifter.
My 2012 doesn't have a 'sport' selection button and 'sport mode' did not appear in Idrive settings originally. Leads me to believe that the new settings have zero effect since I can't select 'sport'.........or at least there's no such buttion my console near the shifter.

Question - - - - - on the 2012's was 'sport mode' an option or standard for all X3's?
In hopes that I haven't gone stupid!
Appreciate 0