05-13-2011, 07:46 PM   #25
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waffle View Post
Agree based on actual experience.

I had a loaner with DHP fitted. I left it on the 'Normal' setting fearing I might regret not selecting the option when my car arrived. The difference was unbelievable, the ride was so much firmer and none of the floaty feeling of the DHP.
Wait I'm confused by your post...I think you are agreeing with me but it's late and I've had a few glasses of wine so I may be reading it incorectly. I think what you are saying is that you have an X3 without DHP (right?) but you had a loaner that had DHP and you kept it in normal mode. (right?) And you are saying that your X3 (without DHP) was much firmer and not floaty than the loaner with DHP (right?)

Or are you saying that your X3 without DHP is floaty and the DHP car was firm? (I don't think you are saying that but want to make sure.

From my experience, here is what I found..."normal" x3 without DHP is a great balance...X3 with DHP in normal mode is definitely floaty...if you drop it into sport mode, it feels a lot like the "non-dhp" x3...and maybe just a tad tighter, but barely. If you flip it into sport+ it definitely tightens up but you really need to be pushing it on B roads to appreciate it...and then you better have sport tires on it to stay on the road.

Agree or are you saying something different?
Appreciate 0