06-20-2012, 10:52 AM   #80
Fryguy29
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by popi View Post
I would think a similar process is available for BMW X3, but you will need to have a well versed technician on this forum to comment. I personally always wear by seat belt, but as many have stated on this thread - there are times when it is just not neccessary...

How to disable seat belt Chime:
1. Turn ignition to the OFF position and buckles the driver's seat belt.
2. Turn the ignition key to the ACC/ON position (engine does not need to be running), and wait for the seat Belt Warning Light to turn off.
3. Within 60 seconds of starting the vehicle, unbuckle and re-buckle the driver's seat belt at least 3 times within 10 seconds, ending with the seat belt buckled.
4. Turn the ignition to the OFF position. A single chime will sound to signify that you have successfully completed the programming.
Note: The reminder can be re-enabled by repeating this procedure. Even with this reminder disabled, the seat belt light will be illuminated while the driver's seat belt is unbuckled.
Does this actually work? I tired it yesterday and no dice, but I may have done it incorrectly. The seat belt chime is so annoying. I don't need the annoying chime driving up the driveway after I have checked the mail. I used to be in the "wear the damn seatbelt!" category, but there have been sufficient instances that I want it off. I wear my seatbelt everytime I've gotten into a car since I was 5. I feel naked without it. If I need the car to remind me, I have gone senile enough that I should not be driving anyways.
Appreciate 0