View Single Post
      09-18-2012, 11:01 PM   #38
cj168
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jxterma View Post
I finally managed to adjust the bump-stops to the right height. Now the problem is gone. Let's see if I can explain this without pictures.
You need to remove the two panels at the back interior of the trunk(now you can see the wires of taillights). Reach with your hands from inside of the trunk. It is a bit hard for the left side, and you need to pull down the liner a bit and reach further in. Then you can feel the adjustment screws for the rubber bump-stops. The screws have plastic torx covers and they are removable. If you have driver bit with right size(T50) you can use that to adjust directly without removing anything, but the torx sockets are very shallow. I don't have a torx bit that can fit, so I take off those plastic covers(They are mounted by two tiny clipps to the adjustment screws, so prepare for some damage on your finger nails). Also be extra careful not to drop them. Then the torx drivers heads are exposed and I used a hex socket wrench to turn them, and you can see the rubber bump-stops from outside turning with them...
Thank you for the info. I'll ping my dealer as part of upcoming service visit then.
Appreciate 0