02-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #56
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahoa View Post
Surprised y'all didn't like the indicator stalk. What was it?

Was the triple-signal feature enabled? I've come to really like that feature.

Don't know if this is at all what y'all experienced, but when I first a BMW I was frustrated with the indicators. First, the resistance bit was different than my other cars. In those cars canceling the indicator was a bop in the opposite direction. In the BMW if you do that you tend to end up indicating the opposite direction. Canceling is a light bop in same direction you're already indicating. After a bit, that became second nature.

Second, the triple-signal function was disabled. Once I turned that on I really liked it. A light press indicates three times in that direction. Great for lane changes, quick, small turns, and the like. For me this function is a great economy when driving in traffic, at high speed, etc. A little press to the stalk and hands back on the wheel.

Maybe y'all already know all the above and just don't prefer the way it works. Offered it up just in case any of it was new/useful.
I didn't know what mode was enabled but found it a bit unusual. I think once I've read the manual and sorted out how it works, I'll be fine with it. There wasn't much time on the test drives to really test it out to be honest.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0