sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnw
Don't worry sfax, just go for more next time around and average out

I have a question for those that have been kept regularly up to date on build/delivery changes by their dealers- does anyone know if this info is push or pull to UK BMW dealers? i.e. do they receive weekly/monthly alerts of changes to build slots or do they only know when they go in and look?

Never had to wait this long for a BMer before so never cared to find out!

Thanks.
My experience is that it's pull not push but each dealer probably has their own process and intervals for when to check the status and when and what to inform you of - so you do get some push notifications by proxy. My status miraculously changed twice simply by me turning up at the dealership and looking at their little DOS screen, i.e. it had probably changed some time ago and there was no instant push notification to the dealer and consequently none to me. Would be nice if they had a web front end for this database so orders could be checked easily without needing to call the dealer. They have online tracking in the US but it's reported to be inaccurate, e.g. wrong colour on order etc

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0