View Single Post
      09-01-2011, 08:05 PM   #1
4GETIT
BLK N BLK, ISS 3 wheels, JuiceBox, Agency Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135I N55 BLK N BLK

Seat Belt Alarm Nightmare!!! Helppppp

I have had over 8 BMW's and currently have a 2011 135I M-sport, 2003 X5 and now we just traded in the wife's 2011 128I for a 2010 certified X3.

We have had the X3 for approximately 4 weeks. Since the first week my wife started driving it to work in the morning (Phoenix, Arizona) where outside temps are between 88-95 degrees. There are no seat belt alarms at this time of the day and time.

However after the X3 is parked outside all day in the heat and sun, my wife leaves work at 5-PM with outside temps 108-117. Once she puts her seat belt on, the seat belt alarm continues to alarm for 5-10 minutes while she is driving it. There is nothing on any of the seats that might set off the front passengers seat belt failure alarm. My wife unlatches the seat belt and reattaches it and still the alarm continues to chime.

We have had the X3 at the dealer for over a weak and they can't duplicate the problems we are having. I have heard the alarm going off while my wife calls me on the phone and I know she is not crazy, even thou I have not had it happen to me (I have only driven it 2 times). We picked it back up from the dealer two weeks ago and the car for the past two weeks continues to alarm. It is driving her crazy and me as well as I have to listen to her complain.

Please any serious ideas other then a new wife. It has to deal with the hot temps from what I can tell and for some reason only for her unless the dealer just said they could not find the problem because they just could not duplicate it.

THANKS GUYS and GALS
Past rides: MB CL55 AMG, BMW M3, Porsche 911TURBO, MB CLK63 AMG-BLACK SERIES, 2002 325I, 2003 X5, 2011 BMW 128I, 2010 X3, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST THE 135I. WHO SAYS GETTING BORED DOES NOT HAVE ITS ADVANTAGES, NO HATTERS PLZ
Appreciate 0