View Single Post
      05-13-2011, 04:14 PM   #23
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlifecrisis View Post
I'm another one of those who didn't even drive the 35i. I picked up my 28i at the Performance Center on Wednesday and I couldn't be happier.

I thought about the 35i, but decided that I wanted to have the maximum practical fuel economy. Even though the 35i has better EPA ratings, I doubt I'd use less gas. Quite the opposite - I fear I wouldn't resist stomping on the gas and end up using far more. The temptation isn't as great with the 28i, and the power is more than sufficient, especially with the 8 speed.

I've been playing with the suspension settings today, after having it in comfort mode most of the first few days. With the suspension in sport and the powertrain in normal, it feels more like my '07 E83. The ride is firm in this mode, which I like. The car is very smooth and quiet, easily the most luxurious feeling BMW I've owned.
Congrats!!!
A little secret about DHP for everyone in case this has never come up.... in "non-dhp" vehicles, the setup is listed as "normal".. meaning normal suspension (obviously). however, in DHP vehicles, the normal setup is actually "comfort mode" and it's not until you go into sport mode that things tighten up. Bottom line is that "normal" in non-dhp cars is actually stiffer than 'normal' in DHP equiped x3s.
Appreciate 0