Thread: Illuminate me?
View Single Post
      12-26-2010, 12:48 PM   #2
Bora20
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW X3 3.0si M-Sport

I like the smaller feeling (and smaller gas bill) of the X3 vs. the X5. The X3 is like having a taller 3-series wagon.

We loved the 3-series wagon, but finding one is nearly impossible. Now with our first daughter being born last weekend, the X3 fit the bill more that our previous E90.

Here are a few thing I like about it:
*Getting a car seat into the rear is easier than a sedan
*Lots of cargo room for the things I need to haul (actually bigger than 1-gen X5)
*Single gate rear door
*M-Sport package
*heated rear seats
*adaptable headlights
*handles almost the same as an AWD 3 series
*easy to get people into the back seat
*ease of entry/egress due to taller height, but not too high like larger SUV
*ability to put snowboards on the room, but still have pass-through for longer Home Depot items
*AWD for going to the ski hill
*etc, etc, etc

The list goes on. The most important thing is that it is the vehicle that best fits ME and my family at the moment. I also don't give a flying f*ck what other people say I drive.

My friend has a 2006 X5. He wishes he had my X3. We have the same motor, but his added ~700lbs of SAV really hurts him at the fuel pump.

My dream is a new X3 with a 6-cyl diesel engine. It doesn't have to be the most powerful one out there, but I do not want a 2.0d. This is my prediction for NA in a few years.

X1 - 2.0d
X3 - 3.0d
X5 - 4.0d