View Single Post
      12-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #16
Steve30dMSport
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 30D M Sport

Second Update!

Well we complained to BMW Australia today and they have decided not to take the risk of ordering another knuckle (also known as tie rod end) and hoping it isn't actually a strut brace for the third time. They are putting pressure on BMW Germany to check the item before transit as well as the steering rack to ensure it is the VSS rack and not the standard rack. So we should have them delivered next week by plane (they are now a rush delivery (VOR - vehicle off road)) so the car should be ready for us when we return from our holiday in early Jan. We found that the dealers are in no rush to make things happen but once the customer gets involved directly with the factory then things start to move. Could it have been because my wife told him how we sold her faultless Audi A4 to buy the X3 and she wouldn't mind going back to Audi next time? Hmmm. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

And a side note? On the way home today, going through Camberwell we were stationary at a set of lights, in our third hire car (remember the second one was crashed in to from behind) a young blonde girl in a Ford Festiva drove straight up the back of our stationary Holden Commodore hire car. I could not believe it. That made 4 hits whilst stationary in 8 weeks! Fortunately it did bugger all damage to our car and just a bit of damage to her car. Because there was no real damage to our car I won't even worry about a claim because the hire company won't notice anything and I just don't want to go down that road for the fourth time in 8 weeks. What is it about Melbourne drivers?
Appreciate 0