05-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #13
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChitownX View Post
I’m hoping someone can help me with this issue. Whenever I attach my iPhone 4 to my new X3 via the original iPhone cable and USB port and CD/Aux mode is selected, my iPod music begins playing immediately. I haven’t been able to figure out how to stop/pause the music. If I start another audio APP such as Pandora or MOG, the iPod will stop, but as soon as the other APP is stopped or closed the iPod starts playing again. I looked in theX3 manual but makes no mention of stopping or pausing iPod tracks.
I understand what you mean now. Tried listening to FStream (internet radio) on my iPhone 4 and then connecting the iPhone using the USB. The iDrive takes control and switches the iPhone to iPod mode and plays the iPod instead instead. You have to switch FStream back on again on the iPhone to get it back.

This happens because if you switch to Music - External Devices on iDrive and select the device plugged into the USB socket in the armrest, it starts playing by default. If this device is an iPhone, it's just treated like any other mp3 player or file store and starts playing mp3 that are on the iPhone which interrupts the internet radio.

This doesn't happen if you stream the audio using Bluetooth, and this isn't a problem with the standard iPhone 4 snap-in adapter which will charge quietly without trying to kick off the iPod. It's only if you use the USB socket and the iPhone isn't paired for Bluetooth audio.

This only happens if the last time you used the iDrive you left it on Music - External Devices - USB. If you leave it on radio, when you switch on again, it's still on radio and your iPhone won't interrupt it if you plug it in

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0