View Single Post
      06-13-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
Radioactive
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 28i '10 535i '04 325i

Funny you should bump this. I was just listening to Ray Wylie Hubbard, Delirium Tremolos, "Dust of the Chase" yesterday and thought maybe I should post my changed settings since I was enjoying it so much. However here are a few comments.

1. The settings were/are merely posted to give a close to "flat" frequency response. Everybody hears differently, change them to what you like.
2. I find it interesting that the "golden ear" audiophiles can tell you that they don't like what they hear, but are unable to say what is lacking. So if you need some assistance to learn how to listen, here is a program used by Harman International to train people on how to listen to speakers.http://harmanhowtolisten.blogspot.com/
3. Although the Radio Shack SPL is not the most accurate in the world, most of the corrections probably would not be heard in home system, much less in a noisy car environment.

That being said, I ran a test several months using a new test disk; the Sheffield A2TB Test Disk. I did correct the readings using one of several posted RS spl corrections charts. I would post raw data, but trashed it awhile back.

Treble +1, Bass +1, 100 +1, 200 -, 500-, 1K-, 2K +4, 5K +3, 10K +4

I did bump the 100. As mentioned above can increase your perceived bass.

Audiophile? Thiel Audio, Theta Digital, Butler, Harman, Music Hall, Eichmann....etc.

Last edited by Radioactive; 06-13-2013 at 03:15 PM..
Appreciate 0