02-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #45
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant Man View Post
Are thought BMW no longer accept credit card as a form of payment but only debit card? Credit cards provides the consumer with extra rights, i.e. being able to reject the product and ask for a refund if it goes wrong.
I think it depends on the dealer but I doubt they would ever let you pay the whole balance on a credit card (they may charge you for using a debit card too). I paid £1,000 deposit with a cc and I can pay a further £1,000 on a cc toward the balance with no charge. If you use a cc that gives you cashback, you get an extra £10-£30 back on £2,000 too.

The credit card shuffle requires either a cash advance (which usually carries a 2.5%-3% one-off fee) or credit cards which let you transfer a balance from your current account (effectively giving you cash in return for a cc balance). Both methods will work out considerably less than most loan APRs now available.

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0