Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4M40i, retired ‘11 X3

Garage List
2022 X4M40i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by raagnihi View Post
Hello folks,

We are shopping around for an SUV for my wife and toddler daughter. Fell in love with X3 28i. Looking for mainly family utility. And here are the must haves and nice to haves we are considereing

must haves

basic car x3 28i with black leatherette
navigation
power tailagate
blue water metallic

nice to haves

rear view camera
PDC
comfort access keyless entry

my concerns before finalizing are :

1. With black leatherette, we do not get the lumbar support
what is the likely concern on this
problem is lumbar support is available in the premuim package option

2. we are debating if we ever pay attention to rear view camera / PDC (honestly after we get used to the SAV in a few weeks); what is the opinion of the current users: do we really look at it as a daily utility

3. comfort keyless entry

I understand that with the keyless entry, we just go the SAV, touch the door it opens, no need to put that in a key fob and just press start button.

with out keyless entry, the open the door from remote get into SAV and press start button .....no key fob... is that right ?

are there any other benefits on the remote key besides not pressing the button on the remote to open the door ?

4. moon roof

definitely a fancy ...as at least my experience is we never really used it with the cars we had before so far

I really appreciate your feedback on these couple of questions above...

With having a toddler that alone is a great reason to have the rear back up camera. My last 2 vehicles before the X had it and I now can't live without out. I find it very useful and for the money a great option. If you want to stay basic, I think you can skip the comfort access. I have it and use it, but it really isn't necessary. As for the moon roof, I personally love the light it lets into the vehicle and opening it up any time it is nice out. With the shade closed, you never it know it's there. I think it is a nice option to have. I have the sport seats which offer great back support so I don't know how the seats would be without the lumbar support. If someone riding in it has a bad back or if you plan on taking extended trips the car, I'd get it. If it is just going to be used to run "here and there" you probably don't have to worry about it. Good luck and let us know when you place your order!!
Appreciate 0