06-18-2011, 10:19 PM   #48
Lotus7
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: xxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by X3andZ4owner View Post
The seam is not a big thing but it draws down the overall impression.. I understand you don't care about details as far as the engine and the outside looks good.. god for you, I would not employ you to my team...

Just to quote your own american author,William Feather:

"Beware of the person who can't be bothered by details."

And to quote the American businessman,Sanford I. Weill

"Details create the big picture."
Sorry! I never said "I don't care about details". What I did imply however was that the "details" that matter to me may be "details" that don't matter to you and of course, vice versa. Some people are willing to spend thousands of dollars to experience tiny taste "details" in a bottle of rare wine, and others could care less and are happy with something that costs 2 Euros/liter. It's all a matter of where your preferences lie. In fact, as some people who have followed my posts on this list have said, I’m way too concerned with insignificant details (see my thread about the type of screws used to fasten license plates to the X3).

I’m sorry that you are disappointed with the finish details on your vehicle and suspect that if you bring the issue up with your dealer and state how important it is to you, BMW might replace the sealer sections that are sloppy and repaint them for you. I sincerely hope that this is resolved to your satisfaction.
Appreciate 0