View Single Post
      01-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
jbinbi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X3 35i

first use of navigation, some help please

Pretty experienced user of navigation from 2 other cars, 2004 honda, 2007 honda, and 2 garmins. But trying to figure out this unit

I have my screen set to split: left side is map, right side is street name, lat/lon etc.

1. After I set a route for guidance, how do I see what it is in text (e.g., make left onto rt1, go 3 mi, enter rt 95s, go 15 mi, exit 8, etc.) I can't see how to get this info.

2. I have Guidance with sound on. However, every exit i passed on highway, it said, 'fork ahead, stay left. I don't need to be reminded not to take each exit, but rather just tell me to take the exit i am supposed to. anyway to modify this?

3. besides telling me to stay left at each exit, it was way too loud. I read that I can turn down volume while it is speaking to me. but it doesn't speak long enough for me to turn it down enough! Is there a way to set this ahead of time. Also, will it keep the volume at the level already set? And finally, shouldn't the volume be speed dependent?

4. The map scale shows me what when it says 800',1/4mi, 1/2mi, etc. On my other systems, this was the size of the circle showing the car. Is it the same on the BMW?

5. I want to have traffic info shown on the map, like google maps. In the manual it states this is possible when i have show traffic to 'on' which i do. I didn't see this. Also, does the map display have to be set to 'gray', not day or night or automatic?

6. Anyway to set brightness/contrast of map?

7. Who navi system does bmw oem?

Thanks for any answers.
Appreciate 0