First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M; E90 M3 ZCP; M4 GTS

Garage List
'11 BMW 1M  [9.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by noka View Post
Not sounding like an a$$ at all. You're point is valid. As for the tire and wheel insurance, I have until date of delivery to decide. Still thinking...
Are your thoughts the same for extended warranty (where costs could be higher), if one decides to keep the car for > the 4/50 warranty?
I do have similar thoughts there, but I think it has a little more merit, especially if you are keeping it long term. My experience with them is through a couple certified cars with mixed results, so perhaps others could better provide first hand experience with purchasing extended warranties a la carte. The loopholes and exclusions would be my biggest concern. Would an extended warranty cover the carbon build-up removal in my RS4? Think they would say it's due to engine design and a known byproduct of direct injection, even though it does start to affect drivability (especially cold starts here in the frozen tundra) and does need to be rectified. It could/has been done with the factory bumper to bumper warranty coverage, but I am skeptical I could get that covered with an aftermarket warranty. Anything else that can be deemed wear and tear vs. defect is also subject to exclusion. And for the record, carbon build-up is the only problem I had with my RS4 for the 2 year period outside of my factory warranty.