View Single Post
      11-16-2011, 02:57 AM   #67
Ural
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by clivem2 View Post
My door rattle they say has been fixed by using silicone cleaner on the door seals, it does seem to be a lot better but not perfect.

The wind noise.....they tested another customer's car, they said it's the same so I said they needed to fix that one too. They are going to bring their demo car to my house for me to try next. Their experience of the X3 isn't deep enough yet to know whether wind noise is normal. Hearing it "blustering" over the mirrors at 70 mph doesn't seem right to me.
Spraying silicone on rubber is classic ,but worked for me in the past on some stubborn creaks, at least temporarily . I hope your rattle doesn't come back in a few days or weeks.

First time I brought mine to the dealer for the wind noise, they made me drive their test car too, and that one also had the same noise from 50 mph, only a little less. However I am not accepting that it is normal . At this point the TSB on the mirror gaskets shows that neither is BMW . It may be the gaskets or seals or something else or all of them , I will continue pursuing.

Mine will be in again on Friday . Parts they had ordered according to the TSB arrived last week from Germany. We'll see.
Appreciate 0