View Single Post
      06-17-2011, 04:03 AM   #33
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Would love to be a fly on the wall if Mole and LedZep pulled alongside each other at the lights. Each in their X3s. Somehow they recognise each other. LZ looks at Mole's X3 and asks how he got that mark, looks like a belt buckle there son.

Forums are about opinion and debate, not just facts, otherwise they wouldn't be forums, they'd be wiki pages. I always enjoy a good ding dong like this one

Seriously though, not all car washes are equal. Clearly this one Mole has described sounds really good (and very good value to me) but hand washing yourself if you do it properly, have the time, the correct equipment and you are allowed to, is always superior. I also find washing the car quite therapeutic and rewarding but I agree that it takes way too much time and I have a family that I would prefer to spend time so I have to fit it in around them.

Some other things to bear in mind:

1. You don't need to regularly spend 3 hours every time you clean it in the winter, hosing most of the crap off regularly is most important

2. If you do clean it yourself, it's worth do some research and then buying (IMO) some decent car shampoo, wheel wash, a decent sheepskin mit, wheel brush, decent dying towel (not chamois). Also auto window cleaner, leather cleaner etc.

I bought the following from cleanyourcar.co.uk (thanks to the XBimmer UK member who told me about this website - couldn't find post): Poorboys Wheel Sealant, Sonus Ultra Fine Detailing Clay, Zaino - Z-AIO All In One, Meguiars Shampoo Plus, Sonus Der Wunder Drying Towel, EZ Detail Brush, Sheepskin Wash Mitt.

Also some good tips on this website

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0