05-14-2011, 03:36 PM   #5
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfax View Post
If M Sport was available when I ordered my SE last October, I would have ordered it despite having never seen one. Now, I'm not so sure, mainly because of how small it makes the wheels look for anything less than 20" alloys. I also prefer the 309s to the 369s and like the staggered back wheels in particular. The M Sport front is a definite improvement over the SE. The back is debatable as it makes it look narrower and more like the old X3 IMO. Also not sure on the side skirts and wheel arches. For the X5, it's M Sport all the way, on the X3, only time will tell. I need to some M Sports in the flesh.
Hmm yes I definitely need to see an M Sport in the flesh. I'm not sure about that big black plastic bumper on the back of the SE and I would prefer colour coded wheel arches. There are 2 factors putting me off the new X3 however. 1) The brake lights - for such a big unit, the brake lights are tiny!! 2) Condensation in the head lights - there have been many reports of this and there's nothing uncooler than that! Not what you expect from a 40k BMW!
Any colour suggestions? For M Sport it's between Titanium Silver and Vermillion Red and for SE, Mineral Silver and Deep Sea Blue although I wish they did Le mans Blue!

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0