08-31-2011, 11:47 AM   #10
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHiGolfer View Post
Wanted to revisit this thread and see if anyone had any more thoughts. Getting ready to order a 35i for my wife, and I'm torn on the seats. When we both drove them and sat in them, we thought the sport seats were too stiff and tight. She really wants to just get the regular ones, but I want to make sure we don't regret it. We both felt that the side bolsters really dug into our sides even when we had them set as far out as we could. Do they break in after a while or do you just get used to it? It's a sporty car, but not so much that I'd be tearing around corners like a sports car and need that kind of support.

In my 535, I have the comfort seats, and really wish they were an option for the X3. They're big and soft and cushy, not hard and sporty.
If you can, I would get in them both again and spend more time adjusting them. I can see how they're not for everyone and I took quite a while to find a perfect position (so glad I opted for electric memory seats as my wife drives it too and it would be annoying to have to adjust them each time I used it after her). I like them now and I'm glad I went for sports seats. They look a lot better too IMO

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0