10-27-2012, 01:47 AM   #77
sfax
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 2011 F25

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc.crawford View Post
I just picked up my car this week so I assumed it would have the correct updates on it? Maybe I am wrong to assume that? I will be downloading these updates on a USB stick that people have posted and see if that makes any difference. I have followed the previous screenshots, but can't seem to get anything past contacts on idrive. Not sure how to change that, possibly this update. Thanks for the help. I will let you know how I go when I get the update installed.
You won't need any new iDrive software. The software for BMW Office hasn't changed - or not materially anyway. It's always worked for Blackberrys and some other smart phones. What changed recently was that iOS6 was introduced, and with it MAP, which meant that iOS6 now supported BMW Office not the other way round. My iDrive software hasn't been updated for about a year and I get email and SMS - my car also shows as "software up to date".

Hopefully a fellow Aussie can post something as it might be something specific to your market that's preventing it working

F25 xDrive20d SE __ professional multimedia package | dynamic package | climate package | 309s | xline | xenons | electric seats | folding mirrors | business speakers
Appreciate 0