View Single Post
      05-14-2011, 08:59 AM   #44
mole7374
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Want the thrill View Post
Mole7374 I didn't post about it on the other board but another person was interested in swaping out his all seasons for summer tires. I can't believe you can hold yourself back from driving past the dealer. OMG the restraint you have!! I'll let you know what happens on the tires. I'm just dying to see that sticker!
Ok...I remember someone talking about the swap... I'm curious to see what happens too with the sticker b/c that will kinds tell where the sticker is generated...meaning is the sticker generated at the dealer with what you key in (like what you did) or is the sticker generated based upon what was build on the vehicle (regardless of the error like what happened to you)

It will be interesting for sure b/c that's a decent sized mistake by the plant considering the delta cost of the 309s and the summer tires (assuming you got summer setup)

You know what though....(and this is just me thinking outloud right now). I think if I was you and the mistake is in your favor, I'd just take the 309s, and then come winter buy a set of blizzak 19's and you'll be fine. If you go out and buy 18s / winter as a second wheel set it's gonna cost you a pretty penny all b/c the plant messed up...even if the dealer let you keep the 309s for free you 'll still need another setup which will cost you.

Interesting let us know what happens.

Honestly it's killing me not to go up there to the dealer...seriously. I don't think though that it woudl be easily visible b/c it's a massive dealer (biggest in northern jersey) and I'm pretty sure they keep inbound vehicles on a second lot anyway...maybe better that I don't know. Trust me I'm not doing this b/c I feel good about it...the ONLY reason I'm holding back is b/c I'm hoping the stupid rates drop as of June 1st....I'm killing myself over the thought of not having the X3 to drive around in memorial day weekend....maybe better b/c I'll probably just stay home and get some yardwork done instead of driving around for 36 hours!!!
Appreciate 0