View Single Post
      05-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast, very very fast...

Just took delivery Saturday.

2013 28i, jet black with black interior. Tech, premium, cold weather, comfort access, convenience, and a couple stand alone add ons. Nice car! Only 50 mi on it now but already averaging 20 mpg. And I live in a very hilly area so that is very good, esp considering the engine isn't broken in. The auto start/ stop feature is great. Works very well. The EcoPro mode is pretty cool too. Though if you turn it on before your at cruising speed, it puts a definite lag in the engine. However, when you do turn it on at cruising speed all you notice is that your gaining mileage, don't get me wrong, you put your foot in the floor in both EcoPro and Sport and the difference is night and day, but all in all EcoPro is a pretty good thing in my opinion.
I am pretty impressed with the sport setting. I also have an 08 X5 4.8i with sport package and adaptive drive. I must say that the sport mode in the X3 provides for better driving dynamics than the sport button on my X5. In EcoPro or comfort modes, body roll definitely exists and , though in comfort it's not sluggish, the transmission settings aren't bad and it will still move pretty good. Once you put it in sport mode and step on it you really do have to remind yourself that it's only a 4 cylinder under the hood, this car moves! That, along with body roll all but completely disappearing really makes for a pretty impressive little car.
Overall, so far I'm very pleased with the car. It rides very well. It is quiet and handles impeccably. Only one thing to note on and I wouldn't consider it a negative. The motor sounds so strange! It honestly sounds like a small diesel. Inside the cabin the exhaust note while driving and accelerating is gratifying, but at idle, while standing outside the car, it does sound a little funny. Oh well. That's the price to pay for an sav that has effectively the same interior cargo space a the first gen X5 AND averages 24 mpg. I think I'll deal with a funky little motor sound.
Appreciate 0