View Single Post
      05-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #41
Mako
(Sold) '00 M Roadster '06 M Coupe '16 M3 '20 X3MC
Rep
Drives: '23 M3 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlbrad View Post
Honestly, I was on the verge of buying the Q5 after going for a test drive about 6 months ago. I didn't even consider the X3 because I had an A4 and loved the handling of audi in snow. That changed when I test drove the 28i. Now for looks, the X3 has a much nicer back then the Q5, and I'm really liking the front now too. When I see the Q5, I just think soccer mom now. I really love the new style of the X3, it just looks a bit more tougher, with it's contours and grilled front. Now after having driven the X3 for a couple of days, I'm happy with my choice, I like the power in the 35i engine vs the Q5. So happy I went with the X3 over Q5 now.
I park next to an Audi Q5 every day, and it just looks smaller than the X3, maybe because the X3 looks more muscular. Its not a bad car, but to me performance comes first (unless the car is just horrible looking) and the Audi can't even compare to the X3 35i in any performance measure (handling, power/speed, MPG). Plus Audi never discounts their "hot selling" cars, at least in the US BMW will still give you some sort of deal.
Appreciate 0